Daily Vegetarian Recipes.com
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Vegan Taco Salad
Creamy avocado and a zesty veggie taco filling
are the stars in this colorful salad.
Veggie Taco filling
3/4 cup ground veggie burger
1 tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. cumin
1 tsp. cilantro
¼ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. diced onion
dash of cayenne
1/2 cup of water
½ cup red beans (rinse and drain if you are using canned beans)
About 3 cups of your favorite lettuce (I used red leaf)
1 avocado, cut in chunks
¼ cup black olives
¼ cup vegan sour cream
1/3 cup salsa
diced purple onion (optional)
diced tomatoes (optional)
1) In skillet on medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Then add ground veggie
burger and next 6 ingredients. Stir together for a few minutes.
2) Add water and bring to a quick boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Meanwhile, assemble lettuce on the bottom of two plates and prepare
4) Add prepared veggie burger onto lettuce. Then add beans, avocado, black
olives, vegan sour cream, salsa and any other desired toppings.
5) Garnish with tortilla chips.